Thursday, January 7, 2010

Life in Love..

Sometimes we are forced to look at our lives a little differently..

Everyday we get up, get dressed, rush to daycare, school, or work. We leave the house in a hurry, sometimes flustered, forgetting to say "I love you". We sigh when the car in front of us is going a little too slow or that red light is taking a little too long. We get to work only to find that you haven't enough time in the day to get it all done, and get home only to find it's time to go to bed and start all over. It's hard.

But then, out of nowhere, God gives you a glimpse into someone else's life. Someone who has it much harder than you. You stop. You take a look at the blessings you have been GIVEN. Gifts.

Every day is a gift. 24 more hours to love and live. One more day to enjoy all of the things that have been GIVEN to me.

I am blessed, you are blessed. We are blessed.

We say :
" I hate my job" We should say "Thank you lord for allowing me to provide for my family"

"These hospital bills are killing me" We should say "Thank you Lord for healing me, for giving my health"

I have had the privilege in my life to have known and loved 3 people who are lost their lives this year. Maybe that isn't the right phrase "Lost their Lives". THEY LIVED.

One great man who loved and lived harder than most people ever get a chance to, who surrounded himself with family and friends, who was the "rock" the "shoulder", and very much the glue that held a family together. I love you Uncle Dan.

Another, kind hearted, goal oriented, "good ol' boy". Who loved his Mamma, cherished his wife, and couldn't wait to be a father. He took it "Eazy", and lived life his way. Full of love, laughter, and adventure. You are loved and missed Eric.

And just yesterday, a man who lived in laughter. Who LIVED his life everyday, full of love, for his wife and for his son. A true survivor. I'm blessed to have known you Jeff.

Every day is a gift. Only God knows how much time we have. My resolution this year isn't to lose 15 lbs or stop drinking soda, nothing like that. It's simple. To Live and to Love.

Everyone knows that times get hard, and this week with Grace being so sick it's easy to break down and think " I can't do this". But I CAN, and I will. Because I've got it good. I don't have anything to complain about.

Thank you lord for this day!

No comments:

Post a Comment