Wednesday, June 3, 2009

I Survived!

My first year of teaching has officially come to a close. This has been one of the most challenging times of my life and I am glad it is over! We had more life changing events in one year than most people have in 5 years. 

Timeline of events:
March 8,2008 - Mike and I got married :)

October - I was hired on with Bryan ISD very quickly, while we were living in Kyle. I gave 2 weeks notice to the Methodist church and moved in with my mother, while Mike stayed with the Physical Therapy clinic in San Marcos. 

November - Thanksgiving we found our we were pregnant....

December - Mike moved to Bryan ( finally), starting a New job with the Texas Department of Health Services, We moved into a Duplex in Bryan. The Sickness began the week of Christmas...uhg.

January- Endured 3 weeks of miserable nausea at work. Martin Luther King day marks my Medical Leave

February - A blurr of extreme weight loss, Hospital Stays, IV packs, and hugging the porcelain thrown

March - A light at the end of the tunnel :) Mike and I celebrate our 1st anniversary with FOOD ( haha) I returned to work just in time to prepare for TAKS! oh joy

April- WE ARE NUTS!!! We put a contract on a house, to close July 6th ( keep in mind Grace is due at the end of July)

And during the short time I was working this year.. I was called every curse you can think of and some you can't, by hormonal, moody, 8th grade teens. 

All in all it has been a whirlwind of a year and I have come to really appreciate the small things in life. I've always said that God doesn't give us more than we can handle, but what I didn't realize was that He may push you to the edge, only to show you that you are capable of enduring so much more than you think. I am so thankful to be HEALTHY,  to have a wonderful husband, and a family that comes together in stressful situations. NEXT year is going to be a piece of cake... hopefully :)


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to blogging, Kim! We will be excited to read up on Grace as it goes along!

    ReplyDelete