Tuesday, March 13, 2012

My first COOKING MARATHON!!

It's going to begin tomorrow around 10am! My first cooking marathon!

I have been really struggling lately with finding the time and the effort to prepare a healthy meal for my family nightly... I know, shame on me. So, in my efforts to do better I have decided to spend 2 days preparing meals to be frozen for the next month! YAY!

Here is my menu:

Bar-b-que Pulled Pork (crockpot)- made it today
Broccoli Cheese Soup
Homestyle Chicken Noodle Soup
Ranch Porkchops (crockpot)
Verde Chicken (for tacos)
Citrus Skirt Steak (for fajitas)
Fettucini with Marinara
Twice Baked Potatoes
Black Beans (crock pot) - made it today
Smothered Porkchops (crockpot)
Bar-b-que Baked Chicken

Most of these will make enough for 2 family meals! I'm soooo excited to do this! This year has been rough on us, nutritionally speaking. I feed Grace as soon as we get home around (5:30) I swear that girl has low blood sugar, she is one cranky lady without an early dinner. Mike eats something high protien/carb when he walks in the door so he can work out, and I don't usually eat until Grace is in bed, and that looks like cereal or Tostito's and some salsa. Though the low calories have contributed to a nice weight loss, I have ZERO energy and have a stomach pain that is probably an ulcer from living off of diet soda and hot sauce (ha). This is going to help me put a hot meal on the table at an early time, and lets Mike get dinner going when I am working late :). Hooray for pinterest for the idea!

No comments:

Post a Comment