Wednesday, October 6, 2010

I love you

I picked up Grace from daycare today and as we were walking to the car I was telling her "I love you" and she leaned in to kiss me. So sweet. We got home and I told her to tell Daddy I love you, and she kissed Daddy. She made sure to "love" on Willie also. We are growing such a sweet baby girl.

She woke up this morning telling Willie "shhh Willie". She told me she wanted "out" of her carseat this morning and blew me kisses when I left. She is saying "Whooa or Uh-oh" when she falls down or drops something. But what is the most enjoyable is that she is letting us love on her longer, she used to NEVER sit still enough to let us sit with a blanket and just cuddle. Now she'll "come sit" with us when we ask her to.

"NO", unfortunately, is our FAVORITE word. She is getting really good at letting us know that she "ain't havin' it". We have been to the Doctors office pretty frequently lately and she straight up told Dr. Parr, "no no no" when he came at her with the scope.

It is so amazing to watch her grow emotionally. Watching her react to sad or hurtful situations, where somebody she loves is leaving or something she wants is taken away really tugs at your heart. Her emotions are changing from fit throwing to visible hurt feelings. On the other hand, she is also comprehending joy. Watching her notice her Dee Dee or waiting for Mike to get home is such a treat, her little face just lights up. Today she expressed so much happiness over getting to eat the "whole" banana, without me cutting it up. Such small victories.

What a blessing it is to get to watch this little person, our little person, become her OWN little person.

1 comment:

  1. So fun to see your blog and great to be with you and Grace at the game...hope to see more of you both this season :) Blessings!

    ReplyDelete