Sunday, April 15, 2012

my baby can read!.. well kinda!

I've been working with Grace on letters and site words for it feels like forever... BUT this week we had a little break-though.

She can identify these letters: A a, B, C, D d, G g, O, and S  there are some times where she recognizes "E" and "R" but not always.

I am MOST excited about the site words!! OMG she can READ these words every time! :
mom
dog
ball
No
at
baby

She is doing really well, tonight she was "reading" a book and RAN in and said "MOM look!! AT AT AT... she pointed to the word "cat" on the page. Proud moment for mom. Then later we were reading a book with the word "tall" and she said " that says AT not TALL mom.... see right there!!" and she pointed to the (ta)ll of the word.  A little backward but it's definitely a move in the right direction, and she is REALLY excited about it too. She tells me "I've gotta go get my drawing thing (magna doodle) so you can write me some letters".

So much fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment