Tuesday, May 22, 2012

It ain't easy being green :)

From 2006 to the end of 2009, I really considered myself a Greenie. I purchased 90% organic food, 100% plant derived cleaners/detergents, we cut out bottled water all together, and made a conscious effort to eat naturally and balanced. Uhhh what the heck happened in the last two years? Oh yeah, I remember. GRACE. When she was a baby I did really well, she only got organic food, even her formula was organic. Her soaps and lotions for naturally derived and I didn't even buy baby bottled water (we just filtered). So I can't figure out when it all changed... I think it started slow and now we are more than gone. I've got Tide detergent sitting in my laundry room, and send my kid to school in the morning with a YOPLAIT yogurt (omg) and a half of a honey bun. I am officially ashamed of myself. I'm going to try to do better starting this summer. :) I've also got a few lbs to lose.... maybe its all the junk in my house! ha.

Summer Goals

1. INTENSE workout 3 mornings a week, MODERATE workout 2 times a week
- 7 to 10lbs lost, a couple of inches, and tone up!
- jog 2 miles without stopping.. (I HATE TO RUN)
- run with Mike without complaining-- HA

2. Eat whole natural foods 2 meals a day (not fast or packaged)

3. Encourage my daughter to eat more of the RIGHT calories..well just to eat more period.

4. Cook a natural, healthy meal 4 nights a week

I think these are do-able! I'm going to do another cooking marathon when school gets out, and I'm joining a gym next week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment