Tuesday, August 25, 2009

She's GIFTED! :)



Ok, I have got to brag on my kid a little bit!




When Mike and I found out we were pregnant we immediatly started talking about the do's and don'ts of child rearing. One of the things that we felt really strongly against was co-sleeping. Not to trash people who chose to co-sleep with their kiddo's, it's just not for us. I'm a really light sleeper and Mike could sleep through the atom bomb being dropped in our bedroom. SO I just imagine me staring at her all night long OR Mike rolling over on top of her or something. So Miss Grace has been put down in her bassinet every night since we have been home. So far so good. We have had a few up and down nights but overall she is sleeping like a champ. So here's the scoop on my gifted child! lol. Last night ( 3 weeks old mind you) girl friend nursed at 8:45p, fell asleep SLEPT TILL 2:15a, nursed, THEN slept until 7, nursed THEN let me sleep until 9:45!!!! OMG.... She was up and alert for most of today so I am praying and hoping that last night wasn't some fluke :)




FYI: She is really enjoying bath time.. loves the warm water. She just discovered her vibrating chair this week. She hated it when we got home from the hospital but she seems to love it now. She has also (unfortunately) become very attached to the binky (another one of those things I thought I would never do as a parent) I'M THROWING IT AWAY WITH THE BOTTLE AT 1!! But right now it is saving my sanity. :) I am really excited about my Dad getting to visit, He'll be here Labor Day weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment