Wednesday, January 18, 2012

HOLY $#!T (Reader beware of poop)

Ok... so I haven't blogged in a while

Well, I never saw this coming... never.

Grace has always been a "regular" girl. Mike calls her a "ten o-clocker". Meaning, her "bowels" have always moved right along. I never had to bribe her to potty train, she was "poop" trained months before the other, and she even tells us to "SHUT THE DOOR" when its her time to go. SO I partially blame myself for not paying attention to my poor child's "lack of potty". She didn't ask to go and I didn't remind her, and daycare didn't notify us... so long story short, my sweet girl went 9 DAYS WITHOUT A BM!!! It took 7 for me to even notice!! OMG!!! We took her to the doctor on Saturday because she was afraid to go and wouldn't even take a bribe. They massaged her tummy.. said she was literally "full of $#!t" and prescribed VERY LARGE doses of Miralax.. we got home.. she freaked out (and in a lot of pain) passed something that looked like a brick. By Tuesday she still had not gone potty by on her own, so we had to do the "baby fleet" (google it) within seconds we got her going, still very traumatic and scary.

Soo my anxiety "clicks" on in a situation like this.. and I start making up impossible scenarios
1. my child will never poop
2. she will have a psychological fear of pooping
3. she will regress in potty training..continue to #4
4. i'll have the kid that is in diapers in kindergarden

and just as I have convinced myself that my kid will never be the same and that life as we know it is over.. We got home from dinner tonight and she says "umm I gotta go poop before my bath"

PRAISE GOD!! just like that.. this whole mess is over!! Wooooo HOOO!!

No comments:

Post a Comment