Friday, July 9, 2010

Toddlerhood :)

Climbing on everything. Pushing her stroller around the yard.

She can get on and off of her little truck
Pretty Girl!
We have seen such a huge change in Grace over the last 2 weeks or so. She was 11 months old on the 4th. She is into everything (as usual) but with greater curiousity. She is walking everywhere, and doing much better walking in her shoes, and she wants to get down! I am on the HUNT for better baby shoes. We have tennis shoes, and an athletic sandal, but we "need" cuter shoes!! HA, daddy would disagree.


She is doing great with object recognition and word meaning. She points the remote at the TV. Puts the phone to her eat and says "hello". Pats the baby doll "night night" on the back. Puts the purse or necklace over her head :) She can point to her eye and nose :) If we ask her if she wants "Milk" she starts to look around and say "mmmlick". When someone knocks on the door, she immediatly says "Daddy" really loud. When Willie barks or gets loud, she points at him and tells him "no no". She can say "ssshhhhh". When she sees something yummy, she says "snack" or "mmmmmm". And if she is sleepy I can ask her if she wants to go "night night" she will crawl over to me and put her head down on my shoulder, like "I'm ready mom". You can ask her where the "Fan" is and she'll point to the celing. Funny story, we were waiting on a playdate to show up at chic-fil-a and I asked Grace "where are your friends?" She immediatly pointed up, I said "no silly, not the Fan, your Friends!" The guy at the next table must have been listening and watching and he started cracking up.

We are 100% off of the bottle, starting to ease into Whole Milk, and about 98% real food she loves turkey and chicken, cheese sticks, crackers, little oranges,bananas, pancakes are her FAVORITE, cereal bars, yogurt, macaroni and cheese, potatoes, green beans, fish, rice, and any kind of noodle. She still only has 2 teeth, but she isn't letting that stop her. My dad and I were both really slow teethers, I don't think I had any teeth at 11 months, and I think my dad didn't get teeth until 13 months. I think the "lack" of teething pain has really given her a head start with language development, and a better grasp of what objects are used for, instead all things=teether. Who knows? I hope she continues to teeth slow, so that we don't have to deal with alot of teething pain at once. My friends little girl is teething hard, and poor baby, is always dealing with teething pain :(.

No comments:

Post a Comment